Personal Training, Weight loss, Weight Gain , Lift 4 Life Transformations
Step 2 - Expectations!
What do we expect from you?
1. The first thing we expect from you is to read the manual we will send you in its entirety. Over time as someone works with us, it becomes very easy for us to see where time has not been spent as a student. One of the best things you can do for yourself right now is read this document more than once (more than 5 times, actually!) and bookmark the resources we direct you to, as well as take personal notes of anything that sticks out to you.
This manual will serve as a how-to guide for getting the most out of working with us, and putting yourself in the best possible position to succeed, and produce the amazing, life-changing transformation you’ve come to us for. Don’t cut corners on this.
2. We expect you to have as much patience with yourself and this process as you can muster. Years (let alone decades) of bad habits and struggle won’t be changed quickly or easily.
Allow yourself to be a beginner.
3. Put aside the time needed each week to be a student and work through your weekly tasks with us (tutorials below). No form of success in life comes by accident, it comes through planning, structure and commitment.
You will need to allocate 1-2 hours per week at most to the required reading/watching/accountability work with us. This is how you will learn.
4. We expect you to strive to hit all your prescribed training sessions (high and low intensity). Exercise is a key component of stimulating dramatic improvements in your body shape; make exercise a non-negotiable and do not miss a session. Training isn’t always fun, but the rewards certainly are.
5. We enjoy helping our clients learn the ins and outs of their training and how to execute their exercises with the best possible technique. To learn you must be willing to fail your way forward in some situations.
If you would like us to critique your weight training videos, we need you to upload them into our Change 4 Life Facebook group (that you have been added to) and first critique yourself. We don’t care if you get anything wrong, we want you to learn the same way we did. Tell us what you see, then we will tell you what we see. This will ensure you learn fast.
6. We expect you to strive towards improved planning and preparation with your meals. This is likely something you won’t master quickly, but that’s ok. It has to be something you are aiming to embrace and improve at.
The true X-factor of a great transformation revolves around The Rule of Proximity (if it is nearby, you will eat it) and you creating an environment for yourself that allows you to make better choices more consistently.
It starts with planning and preparing your own meals. We’re giving you access to literally hundreds of recipes that improve your body shape, dig in and start trying new things!
Over time, the more taste, texture, colour and variety you expose yourself to, the more you will improve your relationship with food and your tastebuds will change. Give yourself this chance. We will constantly push you to keep expanding your food horizons with this in mind.
7. We expect you to make mistakes. In fact, we know you will make mistakes – and that’s fine! Your best teacher is your last mistake. When you do make mistakes, endeavor to learn from them and improve. That’s how we’ve got to where we are; not from “getting it all perfect”, but by actually fucking everything up and using those fuck-ups to improve.
8. Take responsibility for your actions and your choices. The more you’re willing to own what you do, the more you will grow.
9. See this process out. We have a no-cancellations policy with our program because we want to only work with clients who are committed and ready to change. We’re betting on you as much as you’re betting on us. The worst thing you can possibly do is apply to work with us, be accepted into our team and then do nothing. That isn’t what you wrote as your goals when you came to us! Don’t be this person.
What do we expect from you?
1. Every Monday and Tuesday here in Australia we review the online work done by our clients for the previous week.
So if your online tasks are completed and sent to us by Sunday night (your local time) at the latest, you are guaranteed to get immediate feedback and coaching at the start of the week.
Please understand due to our busy schedules that if you are late with your online tasks you won’t receive feedback until the following week.
2. We will treat you like an adult. By that we mean we will not judge you or chase you up like a teacher asking their student to submit homework if you do not submit your tasks to us. We expect you to take your transformation as seriously as we do, set aside the time each week and work through your weekly tasks.
3. We’re here to help you achieve something you’ve never done before. Parts of this process will get you out of your comfort zone and where needed we won’t be afraid to tell you like it is if you need to hear it.
We are more interested in telling you what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear.
If they happen to be the same thing, great, but everything we say and recommend to you is with your stated goals in mind. We will hold you accountable to them through our coaching.
We don’t expect you to bullshit us, and we won’t bullshit you. We respect our clients too much and want to see you succeed way too much for that to happen. Your success is our success.
4. We are here for you. Never hesitate to talk to us if you have any problems, concerns or issues. We’re part of your support network and we have your best interests in mind. You’re part of our team, we love your face and we want the best for you. No problem is too big, or too small. We are on your side, always.